Thursday, February 13, 2014

Smoothie Cleanse Days 3-4

Day Three - Today consisted of repeat smoothies from day one. But day three also consisted of a good life lesson. I would like to start off by saying some things I hope you know by now. I am not a doctor, not a nutritionist, and I am not certified to give you any health advice...just life advice ;) I am not trying to encourage to do this cleanse/detox, just providing you with my honest feedback/recipes as I try it out for myself. That being said, my little blog here got me a slap on the wrist and I just want to say one thing...Just because you disagree with someone, doesn't make their opinion wrong. I'll admit I can be a very "judge the book by the cover" type of person and after forming my snap judgements I have a tendency to not change them. This time around I was on the receiving end of the judgement and it wasn't awesome! I heard a quote that says, "when you disagree with someone - don't dismiss them. Dialogue with them." If you don't agree with something someone is doing, but aren't willing to listen to, or take into consideration their point of view, then you might want to check it and respeck it. Word.  

Day Four - One day left! I'm still day dreaming about baked ziti and am planning on making a gluten free batch of it as soon as I can! I cheated today and had some peanut butter during my commute. YUM. Breakfast smoothie was a repeat but lunch was a newbie and a keeper for sure! It basically tasted like drinking pumpkin pie, which of course is awesome! It helped cheer me up while I tried...for the third time this week...to figure out why my work computer hates me...blue screen of death! This smoothie was 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 banana, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 pear, 1/2 cup ice and some pumpkin pie spice. Also, I have been adding protein and chia seeds to all my shakes this week because they are delicious and awesome.  



So here I am, four days in and I have to say that I don't feel any different, I'm just tired and hANGRY. I've been hangry before, don't you dare make me miss a meal or you won't like to be around me. But, this is a whole new level of hangry that I didn't know existed. I'm not really hungry but I want to ear and chew and the lack of eating and chewing is making me a very unpleasant person to be around! I am excited for this to be over and I don't think I will ever do it again. But the fact that I found some awesome and didn't have to cook this week makes it all worth it! Stay tuned for the final chapter! 





No comments:

Post a Comment